Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Revelation, Recovery & Rebirth




I had finally realized I was that 'back burner' gurl. I realized I had 'sunk in' 2 an old pattern of self destruction & in a sense self loathing. I did me & mine, but really NOT me. When I started 2 pay attention 2 that & realizing the blessings afforded too me & mine on a daily basis, things dramatically improved. My "sight" became clearer & u started 2 fade from my present & my future.
I practiced self love. I saw myself in a different light. I made those 'positive friendships & created bonds' w/ people I am grateful 2 have in my life. I didn't factor u in2 any equation or decision I was making anymore & that in itself empowered me. I question now why I gave of myself in such totality 2 u & u completely missed the entire boat on it. I can only say that the entire relationship & the dynamics involved only gave me the strength to sever the last strings of any hope there had been of a 'future' w/ u. U made it easy 2 let 'us' go.
I have found the new me. And I like ME. In fact, I LOVE ME. I am happy. I am happier than I have been or could have imagined too be. I found the new me, hidden deep inside & I had created such a cocoon around myself that I forgot I had wings & that there was still beauty inside & out. I found that butterfly. She is ME. I emulate that concept on a daily basis. Both inside & out & I am not just talking about beauty as in the human form. I am talking on a spiritual & humble level as well. I would never have been able 2 achieve this PEACE w/ u. I have fallen in love again & am marrying my best friend. He, completes me. I know where he begins & I end, but at the same time, WE are a continious circle of love. I never thought I would remarry. I wasn't totally against love, but I sure had been discouraged enuff 2 think that this kind of LoVe could not be found or exprienced. He has proved that theory wrong. WE are not prefect, but I am going 2 'blow my own horn' and say 'pretty dayum close!'
My children call him dad. He guides & directs & shows a stability that was never in place before
& that consumes my heart w/ joy. WE are going 2 be alright. The 'light' has found us. And I ask everyday 4 it 2 continue 2 bless us.
In some twisted way I am saying thank u, 4 being the man that couldn't b, becuz it lead me 2 the 'ONE' who is that man.

No comments: